Saturday, November 26, 2011

Silence By: Becca Fitzpatrick

I would like to just start by saying, it had been awhile since I read "Crescendo", and upon starting "Silence", I was completely lost and had to refer back to reiterate which characters were which. Once the confusion passed I was back on track with the story of Patch, Nora and the Black Hand...

Review:

Though the story, at times, was very predictable, it didn't stop me from wanting to continue the story. Through out the book you knew who the characters were, even if Nora's memory was too clouded to. I was excited every time she regained a new memory prior to her kidnapping. The once familiar world, now strange and swarming with seedy characters, and mythical beings. Nora has trouble deciphering what it is her kidnappers wanted her to forget, but at the same time with each clue she comes closer to a truth that doesn't feel odd to her at all.  I enjoyed "Silence", the third installment in the "Hush Hush Saga", but I wouldn't go as far as to say it was an excellent read. It kept me involved, but was far from a jaw-dropping, edge-of-your-seat literary confection.

3/5








No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your input please feel free to share!