Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Teaser Tuesday!

Melissa Marr's Carnival of Souls

I fell into Melissa's Wicked Lovely world immediately upon opening. I was thrust into a land of wonder, fantasy, and fear. Beautiful and deadly, the series left me wanting more, despite being content with it's end. 
So...you can imagine my excitement when I found that she was writing another YA novel called Carnival of Souls (Her "accidental" novel, in her words not mine.). I have scowered the internet looking for a synopsis of any kind, and unfortunately came up empty...well almost empty. I DID in fact find a paragraph from a random chapter of the book that Melissa posted on her live journal page for her "Sentence Sunday's" post.
So without further ado,  the paragraph from Carnival Of Souls (unedited):


"Evening was falling as Kaleb walked toward the ladder that would take him into the rafters above the Carnival of Souls. The carnival was the center of [the city]. Everything of note started or ended here. Judgments were served here; negotiations of every sort took place in the shadows of vendors’ stalls. Music played constantly. Blind drummers played outside the tents were delicate deals where arranged; ensembles in the employ of the pleasure vendors enticed customers with their music as dancers demonstrated their flexibility; and others simply played for the coins that were tossed into their baskets. At times it was a glorious cacophony. Jugglers and fire-twirlers showed their skills in time to the music. Hawkers sold their wares to those ensnared by the music, sometimes literally. The only witches allowed in [the city] were low level ones, but it took very little magic to twist traps into songs. The art was in doing it skillfully enough to avoid detection."

Expected Publication 2012. Hardcover...The anticipation is killing me. There's not even a cover for me to obsess over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your input please feel free to share!